If you’ve been working with the same translation agency for years or you’ve taken on an in-house translation project manager and think you don’t need our services, well, it’s in these very instances that we may have the most to offer you! We’ve seen it all; we’ve been confronted with a number of different problems and have managed to lead as many translation projects. The lessons we’ve learned enable us to help optimize your workflow and improve the efficacy and quality of your projects.
QuelqHere are a few examples of the kinds of projects we’ve managed:
– A prominent e-commerce business was losing a lot of time collecting the various content added to their catalogue year over year on Excel. They wanted to avoid paying to retranslate content that appeared in previous years’ catalogues.
Building out and implementing a translation memory led to two significant benefits:
- The automatic implementation of all identical, repeat content from one year to the next, allowing product descriptions previously translated to be added without additional costs.
- Product description translations for new products: the memory will permit partially translated phrases to be marked with identical content in new descriptions. The cost of translation will thus be reduced.
– A company was translating content in Word from French to Russian for an enormous commercial leaflet (220 pages) created on InDesign. Imagine the workload this would represent for a graphic designer to manually reintegrate the translated content… as well as the multiple possibilities for errors. Thanks to our consultaion, the company was able to optimize their workflow and the reintegration became moot. All that remained was to resize the text blocks directly in InDesign, which enabled the post-translation work to be completed in a matter of hours rather than days. This resizing is necessary when the target and source languages take up more or less space on the page. The other advantage was that this required less human manipulation, limiting the risk of errors in copying and pasting the text.
– A prospect (who became a loyal client after discussing their project) was complaining about a lack of consistency in the translations delivered by their agency, as well as a lack of consideration for the corrections made by their in-house teams downstream on future translation requests. Again, we advised for the implementation or a translation memory as well as an effective process for updating content. When it comes to a long-term partnership, we at TradOnline are convinced that we must implement a real collaborative environment between the client and the translators in order to improve the translation memory over time. The creation of a term base is another option that the client chose to adopt. Thus, all translators working for this company on different projects we able to access a centralized term base and translation memory on the TradOnline server.
TradOnline is also an expert in terminology management.
– A prospect with a large translation budget began asking questions about the basis of the bills they’d been receiving from their service provider. It was obvious that their agency wasn’t searching for any solutions to optimize their translation costs. TradOnline analysed the real needs of the client and offered optimizations, gaining the trust of the team along the way.
– A company we contacted is specialized in the production of e-learning content. Their agency was not up to speed on “exotic” file formats, like those exported from the company’s LMS (Learning Management System). Their IT team was required to proceed with a laborious manipulation for every file they sought to send out for translation. After a few tests and discussions, we were able to find a way to hand the translation files without these additional manipulations. At TradOnline, we are able to natively treat more than 100 file formats. No need to worry, we always find a solution to save our clients time and avoid additional, no value-added tasks.
– A prospect wanted to automate the delivery of their translation content to their service provider during a complete redesign of their mobile e-commerce app. TradOnline was ready with a solution, via the CMS API developed by Kilgray. Our in-house technical knowledge is ready to accompany our clients’ IT teams in their continuous search for optimizations.
TradOnline offers consultations and avenues of optimization to each of our clients: optimizations in workflow, improved quality, reduced lead times, or cost-savings… and sometimes, all of the above!