Shell Group, from September 2009 to January 2010 (project 1):
Type of project: Shell Corporation selected Trad Online to be part of a complex translation project shared between several translation companies. The content to translate was extremely technical (project to restructure refineries in a North African country) and the lead-times extremely tight.
All translations were either from English to French or French to English in standard formats (Word and Excel). The volume was more than 550,000 words over three and a half months, in batches of dozens of documents.
Resources provided by Trad Online: eight translators (including two proofreaders) and one project manager
Budget: tens of thousands of Euros
- We set up in a very short space of time of four pairs of specialist and skilled translators able to take on an overall weekly volume which regularly exceeded 40,000 words.
- very strict project management to meet extremely tight lead-times.
- management of terminology: creation of a glossary and implementation of processes in order to guarantee consistent vocabulary throughout all documents.
Key success factors:
- use of a simple, structured project management tool, as well as permanent communications between the two project managers and translators.
- use of a computer-assisted translation (CAT) tool allowing translation memories (TMs) to be shared and contributing to the consistency of the terms used.
- our capacity to recruit four specialist translators in a very short space of time to strengthen our initial team, using a process guaranteeing the expected quality and lead-times.
- the constant commitment of our two project managers to coordinate the process, assist the translators, train new translators and develop the close relationship with the client which is essential for this type of "very intense" project.
- daily interface between the Trad Online project manager and the Shell project manager to manage document flows, feedback on terminology, etc.
To request a free translation quotation